Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive based on experience + bonus and commission
Location: Wapping, London
Start date: From February 2019
Axonn Media works with ambitious companies who are serious about achieving their goals online, who understand the value of inbound and are determined to achieve ROI from their budget.
We offer integrated content, inbound and SEO solutions that allow these companies to position themselves as a knowledgeable, trustworthy source, attract the right audience to their website and convert them as new customers.
We are unique in that we’re not just about delivering the services our clients sign up to, we understand the growing challenges marketers face and we work closely with marketing teams to help them secure buy-in and support from senior leadership.
At Axonn, our commercial team is the engine that drives our growth in the UK market. We are seeking a qualified sales manager to help keep our revenue engine running through their own skill and the leadership and growth of a team of driven sales representatives.
Our commercial team are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive the growth and expansion of our agency. Our ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals. We’re seeking a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and the ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives to create and maintain a high-performance sales force.
You will act as the face of Axonn Media, meeting with senior decision makers from ambitious companies who are looking to you for advice to achieve their goals.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Research marketers needs and identify how our solutions meet them
- Hire, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives
- Achieve company objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analysing performance data, and projecting future performance.
- Continuously develop personal leadership, hiring, and training skills while ensuring the team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives.
- Generate leads, and build and nurture new client relationships
- Pitching B2B and B2C companies across the UK.
- Managing and optimising our sales and marketing suppliers
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work with the CCO to create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands customer base
- Meet with potential clients and grow long-lasting relationships by understanding their needs
- Track, analyse, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to sales and marketing targets
- Recruit salespeople, set objectives, train and coach, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
- Oversee the sales team to ensure company quotas and standards are met by holding 121s with team to set objectives for the day/ week and monitor progress regularly
- Manage month-end and year-end close processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years in sales management within an agency setting
- Proven track record of success the sales cycle from plan to close
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle objections and negotiate
- Proven leadership ability
- An understanding of different business models and organisation objectives
- Experience creating insightful and inspiring presentations and delivering talks or webinars
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategy is preferred.
- Experience of marketing platforms, such as HubSpot, is beneficial.
What Axonn will do for you
- You will be part of an open and friendly agency culture where we are supportive of each other and love to learn and share.
- Our strategy and creative teams will help you devise the best proposition for your prospects to achieve their goals.
- Axonn will provide ongoing training in digital marketing strategies and techniques.
- You will have a clear roadmap for progression and personal development.
- You will be part of a competitive commission and bonus scheme based on personal performance.
- A competitive salary.
Does this sound like the next step in your career?
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.