Social Media Videos
With almost half the population of the planet using social media, any business that isn’t working hard to earn maximum exposure and engagement in this space is missing out on opportunities.
When you need to get your brand noticed and make an impression in such a crowded, fast-moving environment like social media, video content is one of the best ways to do it.
According to Hubspot, consumers are crying out to see more video content from their favourite brands. Indeed, 53% want to see more video content on social channels. It therefore begs the question, could video be the route to maximise your brand exposure?
The benefits of embracing social video
There are many opportunities to use social media videos that can prove highly effective within your broader social media marketing strategy. Some of the benefits include:
- Shareability – video is incredibly shareable and once you’ve published it to your own page, there’s no reason why your followers won’t spread it far and wide.
- Increase attention – features that make the video play automatically on social media platforms help to draw attention to your content.
- Search visibility – use headlines, descriptions and hashtags to optimise your videos for search, so they perform well in terms of SEO.
- Drive conversions – include calls to action at the end of your video, as anyone who has watched it all the way through is now engaged with your brand.
- Tap into trends – the social media landscape is always changing and videos can be dynamic, so link to the trends that are impacting your audience to really see results.
If you want to give customers an insight into your business and what makes it tick, for example, you could produce a ‘behind-the-scenes’ video that shows some of the work your people do every day. Alternatively, you could upload a company culture video to your chosen social media platform to highlight your brand’s ethos and values.
Key factors to consider for socal video
Social media is also a great environment to share fun, lighthearted videos that might not have anything to do with selling your product or service, but add a new dimension to your brand and strengthen your customer relationships.
Among the routes to go down are animation, which you may not consider for your website, or a video tied into a specific event. Seasonal occasions, such as Christmas or the school holidays, offer a unique opportunity to demonstrate a more fun-loving side of your business.
One of the key things to consider where social media videos are concerned is whether you’re taking full advantage of the medium. There is huge potential in the live video functions offered by platforms like Facebook and Instagram, for example, so it’s worth asking how you can make these capabilities work for you.
Then, there are lots of ways to measure the effectiveness of your social media video campaigns. Track metrics like the number of shares or click-throughs to your website to establish the impact of your videos and which elements to use again in the future.
How Axonn can help
If you’re keen to start using video content in your social channels, but you’re not sure where to start, Axonn can point you in the right direction. Our expert team of content creators know all the tricks to get you noticed.