There are a number of factors you’ll need to consider to get the best possible results from search engine optimisation, one of which is the technical side of making your website and your content easily discoverable in search.
All the time and hard work you dedicate to researching and producing high-quality, search-optimised content could be for nothing if you don’t have the right technical foundations in place.
Technical optimisation is about ensuring that search engines can find and crawl your website, but also that you’re delivering a strong, reliable experience to your users.
Here are some of the most important aspects of technical SEO:
- Using features like a robots.txt file and a solid internal linking structure to ensure search engines can crawl and index your website
- Optimising your site speed so search engines and users aren’t put off by slow page loading times
- Clearing up ‘dead’ links to reduce the risk of users encountering 404 errors
- Finding and removing duplicate content
- Making sure your website is secure with protections like the HTTPS protocol
Technical optimisation is an important consideration in SEO, since mistakes on this front could jeopardise your entire strategy to boost your search engine rankings.
If this is an area where you don’t feel entirely comfortable making decisions that could have a big impact on your business, you’re certainly not alone. It’s always best to get expert advice and support so you can feel confident you’re doing the right thing.
Axonn has extensive experience in all aspects of SEO, including technical optimisation, so we can answer your questions and help you move up the search engine rankings.
Contact us to find out more about our services.