Aligning your marketing efforts to drive traffic to your online stores can have
a huge impact on business performance.
Why focus on ecommerce?
If your business is looking for opportunities to grow, the ecommerce sector is certainly a good place to find them. The digital revolution has put ecommerce at the forefront of how people seek out and buy the products and services they need.
It’s easy to think of ecommerce as simply the process of selling physical goods over the internet, but it encompasses more than that. Service-based e-tailers and businesses selling digital products are also examples of ecommerce.
Benefits of ecommerce
The benefits of ecommerce are far-reaching and can be seen for both the buyer and seller. For buyers, there’s the convenience of being able to make quick and well-informed purchases from anywhere, while sellers can:
- Keep overheads low
- Sell goods and services at any time of the day
- Reach customers all over the world
- Track sales and be more targeted in their marketing efforts
Creating advocates for your business
To make the most of the opportunities presented by ecommerce, you need to have a marketing strategy that, firstly, drives traffic to your website. You also need to think about ways to convert that traffic into sales, and to maintain engagement with buyers so they come back and purchase from you again.
After all, a return buyer is incredibly valuable to your business, as their loyalty will not only mean they make repeat purchases, but they are likely to recommend your services to others. This may be online in the form of reviews or testimonials but could also be in real life.
Ways to drive traffic
Fortunately, the growth and evolution of the digital marketing sector means there are many ways to approach the challenges of driving traffic to your ecommerce site.
For instance, you might want to consider:
- Regularly adding well-written, search-optimised posts to your blog to improve your search engine rankings and bring in more traffic
- Producing content offers like guides or e-books that people can download in exchange for their contact details, giving you fresh leads to pursue
- Creating videos that showcase your products and their features in an engaging way
- Harnessing the power of social media to direct potential customers to your online shop or enable sales directly from social media pages
- Ensuring your ecommerce options are easily accessible on mobile to prevent any loss of leads