If search engine optimisation (SEO) is a key goal in your digital marketing strategy right now, there are different factors you’ll need to take into account to increase your chances of getting results.
One of the most important considerations is on-page optimisation: the practice of tailoring your webpage content to increase the chances of it being found by search engines and users.
Keyword research will give you an idea of what your target audience is searching for and what questions they’re asking online. On-page optimisation is all about using your keywords in the right way and crafting pages to answer users’ questions and meet their needs.
Search engines look at many factors other than keywords to gauge the quality and relevance of webpages, but research has shown that keywords still have a part to play in on-page optimisation.
So there are benefits to be gained from practices like:
- Including keywords in your title tag and within the first 150 words of your on-page content
- Finding the right keyword frequency
- Avoiding keyword stuffing
It’s also important to think about other on-page tactics that can boost your SEO, such as:
- Using H1 tags for titles and H2 tags for sub-headings
- Optimising URLs
- Including both internal and outbound links
- Researching what sort of pages are already ranking well for your target keywords, to help you decide what content formats and lengths to use
If you feel that your SEO efforts are currently falling short, particularly where on-page optimisation is concerned, Axonn can help by evaluating your current performance and recommending positive changes.
To find out more about our services and how they can benefit your business, contact us today.