Well-executed ebooks are one of the most effective ways of generating leads. They provide you with an opportunity to share your industry knowledge and expertise with your target audience in exchange for their contact information. Most established businesses will have already recognised the benefits of having a content marketing strategy for growing their online presence, […]
How to never run out of content ideas
A lot of hard work goes into planning, creating and launching a marketing campaign, so it makes sense to take full advantage of every asset you produce to
Unless your goals are incredibly time-sensitive (for example, if your content was very seasonal or based around a specific event), there’s no reason why you can’t continue to make use of it in a range of imaginative ways.
Here are some great ways of doing this:
- If you’re not getting enough traction with your current amplification method, look at new ways to promote the content, such as through paid advertising on social.
- Discover which themes of your campaign are getting the most traction and support your larger pieces by writing shorter, similar-themed content (to help widen the visibility of those bigger pieces).
- Repurpose content.
Let’s take a look at these processes in more detail.
New ways to promote content
Exhausted your usual content promotion channels? Need to give your campaign a bit more exposure? Here are some great ways to give your campaign an extra boost:
- Speak to your engagement team to find out what topics (or hashtags) are popular on social media and how you can link these to the themes of your campaign.
- Launch a PR campaign and send out press releases or outreach invitations to relevant online publications.
- Invest in some paid advertising on social posts that have done particularly well, or promote specific content to a target demographic.
- Send an email announcing your campaign to your newsletter subscribers and include a link to a piece of content they would find interesting from the campaign.
- Create a content roundup on a theme and include your campaign.
New content creation to bait interest
The best part of putting all that work into a campaign is the opportunities it creates to build on it with new content. Here are some examples:
- Go through your new campaign and look for themes you could develop into blog posts or a blog series. This isn’t classified as repurposing, as these new content pieces are unique, but can be created off the back of ideas developed in your campaign.
- Use your social networks to start conversations around these pieces, perhaps run a poll, and be sure to look at curated content as well. Create an email drip campaign for those who interacted with your initial campaign to engage them in the new pieces.
- Include an ‘In case you missed it’ link in your email newsletters or on social media to give you an opportunity to re-share your older campaigns with a potentially new audience.
- Do recent developments in your industry mean your content needs some changes? Update your content and promote it as an up-to-date version.
Repurpose in a new way
Repurposing involves taking one piece of content and finding a new or different way to use it. The possibilities are endless, but here are some ideas:
- Go through your campaign and see how you can use certain pieces of content in a different medium. Written content could be a blog series, key points could be a Slideshare presentation or webinar, or you could interview experts within your company on specific sections for a video or podcast.
- See what resources you have available – video, animation, graphics etc – and see how you can fit your existing content into those mediums.
Need some more information on content marketing? Check out our content marketing page here for everything you need to know.
For more advice and ideas on how to get the best out of your existing content or come up with new ideas, start a conversation with Axonn today.