Email might now be viewed as a fairly traditional form of digital communication, but research has repeatedly shown that email newsletters are an effective and reliable way to engage your customers and turn leads into sales.
Many businesses have found that this channel yields more visitors than other sources like search engines and social media.
Here are some of the most significant benefits of newsletters:
- They allow you to make targeted, meaningful connections with customers through segmented contact lists and personalised content.
- They can help you steadily build brand awareness and authority through the delivery of relevant, useful messages to the right recipients.
- It’s relatively easy to measure performance with metrics like open rate, click-through rate and unsubscribe rate.
- They can include social sharing buttons to fuel growth in your social media community.
As attractive as these advantages are, they’re only achievable if you have the right strategy to gain maximum value from this channel.
It’s vital to have high-quality, engaging content to share in your newsletter, for starters, but you also need to consider factors like:
- The right balance between educational and promotional content
- How to write subject lines that capture people’s attention
- Testing different calls to action to gauge their effectiveness
- How to combine copy and design
A structured, strategic approach will help you gain the best results from your newsletters.
If you’re not sure where to start, Axonn can offer support at various stages of the process, starting with planning and production of content for distribution in your newsletters.
Contact us today to learn more.