Thought leadership is among the marketing solutions that we get asked about most frequently here at Axonn Media. And while it’s great that our clients are keen to make use of this dynamic element of content marketing strategy, there remain a lot of myths surrounding the subject. Most clients are interested in thought leadership as […]
How to grow your authority with ebook writing services
Well-executed ebooks are one of the most effective ways of
generating leads. They provide you with an opportunity to share your industry knowledge and expertise with your target audience in exchange for their contact information.
Most established businesses will have already recognised the benefits of having a content marketing strategy for growing their online presence, increasing brand awareness and securing new leads.
However, many marketers haven’t realised the true potential of ebooks and focus the core of their campaigns on easily digestible blog content that doesn’t take long to produce or consume. But this type of content doesn’t allow you to go in-depth about the topics that interest your audience or the solutions you provide.
Creating and marketing ebook content can be challenging and time-consuming. That’s why employing an agency to carry out the task for you can be the most effective solution. In this article, we explore how professional ebook writing services allow you to create a quality lead magnet that gets the results you want.
What are the steps involved in writing an ebook?
Electronic book writing has a lot in common with writing a regular book printed on paper. However, creating ebooks for marketing purposes isn’t the same as fiction writing that people can download on their Amazon Kindle, for example.
When it comes to writing an ebook, it’s important to familiarise yourself with the process so you don’t miss any vital steps. If you decide to work with an agency, this will help you to know which information to provide to ensure your ebook aligns with the rest of your content strategy.
- Research your target market: Before you dive in, figure out who the ideal audience is for your ebook.
- Choose a topic: The topic you choose should resonate with your audience in some way. For instance, it might provide industry insight, how-to tips or answers to their pain points. It’s an opportunity for you to provide them with an in-depth resource on a subject related to your business.
- Get to know your competition: Make sure to research similar ebooks to ensure you can offer your audience something different. What does your content provide that others don’t?
- Plan the structure: What is your ebook going to cover? What benefits will your audience get from reading it? Be sure to structure the content with your solution in mind.
- Write the content: The content of your ebook needs to be well-written and the skills required differ slightly from article writing or website content writing. It should flow and use engaging language that intrigues your readers. Consider using a content writing or copywriting service or hiring a professional ebook writer.
- Design your ebook: It’s not just about the words. Carefully consider the design of your ebook, including elements such as colours, layout, imagery, statistics or infographics, quotes and calls to action.
- Convert it to a PDF format: No matter which application you used to create the ebook, it’s important to offer it to readers as a downloadable PDF file.
- Market the final product: The work’s not over yet. You need to develop an ebook marketing strategy to ensure the content gets in front of your audience. Create a dedicated landing page for your ebook, talk about it on social media, use paid advertising and promote it through your blog.
- Use your ebook to capture new leads: Offer the ebook to your audience to download in exchange for either a small fee or their contact information. They get something of value and you get a new lead – it’s a win-win!
What is the average length of an ebook?
A typical ebook is around 2,000 to 2,500 words in length.
This means it’s important to get your points across succinctly and to keep your readers engaged with well-written content and plenty of visual elements. When you break it down, you should use between 300-500 words per section.
To do this, it’s recommended to enlist the services of an expert writer who knows the craft.
If your ebook is poorly written, doesn’t engage the reader or gets its facts wrong, they are less likely to take the next step or trust your company in the future.
How do you market your ebook?
Marketing an ebook is similar to the way you’d market any other form of content. Here are just some of the ways you can ensure your new publication gets noticed by your target audience:
- Promote it on your social media channels
- Advertise the ebook on your website
- Promote it through your blog
- Send out a press release
- Use email marketing to offer the ebook exclusively to contacts who have registered their interest with your company
- Use video marketing
- Leverage paid advertising (eg. market your ebook using a Google or Facebook ad)
- Collaborate with partners
How can an ebook help your online marketing?
A quality ebook can help your organisation establish its credibility by providing potential readers with valuable information in exchange for their contact information. It’s likely you already offer your audience informative or entertaining content in the form of blog posts and social media posts, but an ebook provides the chance to go in-depth about a particular topic to show that you’re an expert who they can trust.
By nature, ebooks are easy to download and share, which can help to boost awareness about your brand and drive leads to your website and other company pages. Moreover, ebook marketing can take many forms, which means it can play a vital role in connecting various digital campaigns to help increase traffic, gather contacts and grow your online presence.
However, it’s important to note that creating an ebook takes planning and time, which is why engaging a professional ebook writing service to develop high-quality content can pay off in the long run. This is especially true if you’re receiving useful data, such as emails addresses in return for downloads of your ebook.
Why opt for ebook writing services
Imagine you’re browsing your favourite bookshop, looking for a book about… how to grow orchids, for instance. You head to the area marked “gardening books” and search for the section of books starting with “O”. There are only two books about growing orchids.
One is white with black text, it has no pictures or diagrams – it’s just plain.
The other one features a bright photo of orchids on the cover, it’s well-designed and nice to look at. But you can’t judge a book by its cover, right? So you flip through the pages and notice that it’s filled with colourful illustrations, pictures of people in their gardens and diagrams detailing how to best look after orchids. The sales assistant notices you holding both copies, excitedly shows you a photo of their orchid collection and starts telling you how much they learned from the second book. Which one do you choose?
Finding the time and expertise required to produce an effective ebook can be challenging. It’s not just about coming up with a great idea, it requires you to put aside the hours, resources and creative flair required to put it into effect.
This isn’t a secret, which is why many digital marketing agencies offer ebook writing services. A successful ebook is much more than the words that make up its body. It requires lots of research, marketing expertise and an attractive design to make it stand out from the crowd.
What do professional ebook writing services include?
When you work with an agency that offers dedicated ebook writing services, you’ll have access to skills and expertise that will allow you to set your content apart from the rest. An agency that provides ebook writing services is made up of professional copywriters, graphic designers, and digital marketers who know how to create, package and market compelling content to attract the attention of your target audience.
They’ll handle the content creation process, from initial ideation and strategy to writing each chapter of the ebook. They’ll also take responsibility for designing the ebook and ensuring it’s visually appealing and engaging for your audience. Moreover, you can benefit from unlimited revisions so you can rest assured that the final product will meet your expectations.
How long will it take to write my ebook?
There’s no specific length of time it should take to write an ebook. If you decide to go it alone, it’s likely to take longer as you’ll also be required to balance any other tasks you might have. That’s why enlisting an expert ebook writer with an agency can help you ensure your ebook is produced as efficiently as possible without compromising on quality.
Digital marketing services for your ebook
Most agencies won’t just assign a ghost writing expert to your project and leave them to it. There’s a whole team at work. Once the ebook is written and packaged, the agency will be able to advise or implement digital marketing strategies to get it out into the world.
Digital agencies have expertise in advertising across various platforms using outbound and inbound marketing techniques. They’ll work closely with you to develop a strategy that combines your various consumer-facing communications, such as your website, social media pages and paid advertising platforms. Through these, you can generate hype around your ebook and encourage your readers to hit download.
Establish your authority with a professionally written ebook
Working with a digital marketing agency that specialises in ebook writing services will allow you to develop a piece of content that resonates with and engages your readers. Moreover, well-researched, written and produced content can bolster your reputation as a credible source of information which can help you build long-lasting relationships with your customers.
The best part about enlisting these services is that you can put your faith in the experts to produce a high-quality ebook and free up more time to focus on other aspects of your business.
Furthermore, working with an agency like Axonn provides you with a huge range of capabilities that go beyond ebook writing. We can offer content writing to enhance your website, help to plan your advertising strategy, supply video production expertise, share our social media marketing skills and a host of other services related to growing your business online.